In the Nia White Belt, you will learn:
- A deeper understanding of self: knowing your body, mind, emotions and spirit.
- Techniques to sustain and increase pleasurable sensation in your body.
- Ways to integrate Nia’s nine movement forms: Jazz Dance, Duncan Dance, Modern Dance; Aikido, Tai Chi, Tae Kwon Do; The Alexander Technique, The Work of Moshe Feldenkrais® and Yoga.
- The 52 Moves of Nia: the language of conditioning and self-healing.
- How to work with the 8BC system: Developing listening skills to code and map music and sound.
- The practice of RAW: Relaxed, Alert, Waiting and what it means to be in “living meditation.”
- How to stimulate movement creativity using the eight stages of FreeDance.
- The Body’s Way method for moving and physical conditioning.
- How to listen to the voices of your body.
- How to move Your Body’s Way.
- How to “create space.”
- About your “witness” and how to use it as a tool for self-healing.
- How to create an optimal learning experience working with the Energy Allies.
- How to communicate what you sense in your body.
- Nia’s business philosophy and what it means to create a sacred livelihood based on your unique life purpose.
13 White Belt Principles
- The Joy of Movement
- Natural Time and the Movement Forms
- Music and the 8BC System
- The Base of the Body
- Three Planes of Movement and Three Intensity Levels
- The Core of the Body
- The Upper Extremities of the Body
- X-Ray Anatomy
- Creating a Sacred Livelihood
- Continuing Education
- Teaching What You Sense
- THE JOY OF BEING RELATIONSHIP
- THE POWER OF TWO
- AWARENESS, INSIGHT, CLARITY
- DEVELOPMENTAL ANATOMY
- THE POWER OF THREE
- SPLIT, ELLIPT, BLEND
- NIA CLASS FORMAT
- THE POWER OF SILENCE & SOUND
- FORM & FREEDOM
- MUSIC, MOVEMENT, MAGIC
- OBSERVE, LISTEN, GUIDE
- VERTICAL ROUTINES
The craft of teaching Nia
Intent: To effectively deliver the Nia experience
- The Joy of Movement in the Zone
- Physical Energy
- Increasing, Circulating, Utilizing Energy
- Mental Energy
- Asleep, Dreaming, Awake, Mindful
- Emotional Energy
- Love, Fear, Peace
- Spirit Energy
- Choice and Manifestation
- Energy Beings
- Choices for Personal Power
- Energy Warriors
NIA 5 STAGES
The Nia 5 STAGES Training is Two full days of experiential education, providing you with the information and tools to safely and effectively embody and deliver this powerful work. Session topics include:
Science, Craft, and Art of the Nia 5 STAGES
Nia 5 STAGES Class Format
Your Body’s Way
The Body’s Way
The Body’s Way Lesson – Look, Listen, Imagine
The Art of Verbal Guidance – Language and Voice
Adaptations and Use of Props